Date(s) - 03/14/2015
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
One Big Roof
RESCHEDULED: This event will take place in the fall. Please feel free to contact the instructors for more info: 203-216-7818. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Mindful Parenting Workshop – with International Life Coach Jami Patterson and Transformational Counselor Anthony Smokovich
Paying close attention to how we parent is a crucial ingredient in how our children respond and learn to alter behaviors that do not serve them. Often our own parenting skills, or lack of them, have been determined subconsciously by how we have or have not been parented ourselves. What we are not conscious of in our parenting skill set can easily work against us and our better intentions of being the best parent that we can be.
Do you often become “reactive” in your role as a parent, instead of acting in a more conscious manner? Do you notice that certain patterns in your children’s behaviors often “trigger” you and you respond over and over in the same way? Or do you give yourself some time to process & respond to a difficult or challenging situation with your children? Do you recognize that there are patterns developing in your parenting repertoire that are ineffective?
Using some easy mindfulness techniques, such as breathing more consciously to slow down our response reaction in a challenging moment, can usually reap rich rewards. Becoming aware of our own vulnerabilities as a parent, our own “blind spots” from subconscious conditionings, can help us become more effective parents.
Anthony Smokovich and Jami Patterson will support you with some simple but powerful techniques to help you become a more productive and conscious parent.
Are YOU The Parent You Always Wanted?
Topics To Be Discussed:
1. VALUES: Becoming conscious of our value system and its impact on our family life.
2. COMMUNICATION: Bringing awareness to the conscious and unconscious messages we send our children.
3. MODELING BEHAVIOR: How to live our lives with responsible, authentic behavior and how that impacts our children more than our words.
4. SLOWING DOWN: Using mindfulness and gratitude to make every moment count.
5. TOOLS: Acting instead of reacting – how to make clear, conscious choices. Back to the basics: listening to our own hearts to find parenting solutions. Using the ordinary moments to teach valuable life lessons.
For Info or to Pre-register: 203-216-7818
Check-in and final registrations at 9:30am; Class begins at 10am
Jami Patterson is a NYU & ICF-Certified Life Coach, Speaker, and Columnist, based in Westport, CT and New York City (and a parent). Jami has always had a talent for uncovering the greatest potential in people and helping them to get clear on the steps needed to live their happiest lives. Jami works with a diverse international clientele to cultivate a sense of self that’s strong enough to navigate any challenge that comes their way.
– Parenting Skills: She successfully coaches parents to improve their relationships with their children through positive communication, active listening techniques and teamwork.
– Teenage Conflict Resolution: Mentoring teenagers to become confident, strong and independent people. Wrote and facilitates an anti-bullying program called “That’s So Gay” to local youth groups.
Anthony Smokovich is a Transformational Counselor with a private practice in Greenwich, CT and Saratoga Springs, NY (and a parent). He offers a holistic approach to wellness and healing. Anthony integrates traditional talk therapy with Eastern and ancient modalities including breath work, meditation and guided visualization, working with the subconscious archetypes and other forms of energy medicine. In addition, he worked as a School Counselor for many years in the Greenwich, CT Public School System. He is a Reiki Master, a Kuan Yin Magnified Healing Practitioner, and a student of the Master Healer and Teacher Derek O’Neill of Dublin, Ireland, who initiated him as a Rising Star and Prema Birthing Practitioner.